Day 2 and I'm still kicking. So far I am feeling great and am happy to not have the caffeine-withdrawal headache today that I have experienced in the past around this time. I have discovered a wonderful product, Dandy Blend, which I began drinking intermittently last week in preparation of this cleanse. When you mix 1 tablespoon of this herbal tea mixture (primarily dandelion tea and chicory root) with warm or hot water you instantly get a dark colored beverage that resembles the taste of coffee! This cold January weather can make it difficult to take in adequate amounts of water however it is important to stay hydrated, especially while cleansing. I have been drinking all sorts of herbal teas to keep my water intake where it should be.
- handful of fresh spinach
- handful of fresh cranberries
- 1/2 of an orange, squeezed
- 1/3 of a frozen banana
- 2-3 drops of organic stevia extract
- water (to desired consistency)
- 1/4 cup cooked harvest lentils
- sauteed kale in coconut oil and beets (leftover from dinner last night)
- avocado balsamic dressing (leftover)
Midday Shake: (**note I much prefer mixing with fruits and veggies, but I was in a rush)
- 2 scoops SP Complete
- water to consistency
- Baked spaghetti squash
- Sauteed combination of tomatoes, eggplant, zucchini, onions, garlic, fresh rosemary and fresh basil
- Baby carrots
- Lentil hummus (for recipe click here)
Unfortunately I did not make it to the gym today but thankfully I was not experiencing any side effects of a cleanse at this point. In my experience with caffeine-withdrawal and the detoxification process, headaches can be common in the first few days and are readily alleviated by simple exercise and increasing fluid intake.
Dr. Allison Fleming.